The Assemblies of God Fundamental Truths
- THE SCRIPTURES INSPIRED: The Scriptures, both the Old and New Testaments, are verbally inspired of God and are the revelation of God to man, the infallible, authoritative rule of faith and conduct.
- THE ONE TRUE GOD: The one true God has revealed Himself as the eternally self-existent "I AM," the Creator of heaven and earth and the Redeemer of mankind. He has further revealed Himself as embodying the principles of relationship and association as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- THE DEITY OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST: The Lord Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God. The Scriptures declare: His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His substitutionary work on the cross, His bodily resurrection from the dead, and His exaltation to the right hand of God.
- THE FALL OF MAN: Man was created good and upright; for God said, "Let us make man in our own image, after our likeness." However, man by voluntary transgression fell and thereby incurred not only physical death but also spiritual death, which is separation from God.
- THE SALVATION OF MAN: Man's only hope of redemption is through the shed blood of Jesus Christ the Son of God. Salvation is received through repentance toward God and faith toward the Lord Jesus Christ.
- THE ORDINANCES OF THE CHURCH: The ordinance of Baptism by immersion is commanded by the Scriptures. All who repent and believe on Christ as Savior and Lord are to be baptized. Holy Communion or the Lord's Supper, consisting of the elements --bread and the fruit of the vine-- is the symbol expressing our sharing the divine nature of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- THE BAPTISM IN THE HOLY SPIRIT: All believers are entitled to and should ardently expect and earnestly seek the promise of the Father, the baptism in the Holy Spirit and fire, according to the command of our Lord Jesus Christ. This experience is distinct from and subsequent to the experience of the new birth.
- THE INITIAL PHYSICAL EVIDENCE OF THE BAPTISM IN THE HOLY SPIRIT: The baptism of believers in the Holy Spirit is witnessed by the initial physical sign of speaking with other tongues as the Spirit of God gives them utterance.
- SANCTIFICATION: Sanctification is an act of separation from that which is evil, and of dedication unto God.
- THE CHURCH AND ITS MISSION: The Church is the Body of Christ, the habitation of God through the Spirit, with divine appointments for the fulfillment of her great commission. The Church is: an agency of God for evangelizing the world, a corporate body in which man may worship God, a channel of God’s purpose to build a body of saints being perfected in the image of His Son, and a people who demonstrate God’s love and compassion for all the world.
- DIVINE HEALING: Divine healing is an integral part of the gospel. Deliverance from sickness is provided for in the atonement, and is the privilege of all believers.
- THE BLESSED HOPE: The resurrection of those who have fallen asleep in Christ and their translation together with those who are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord is the imminent and blessed hope of the church.
- THE MILLENNIAL REIGN OF CHRIST: The second coming of Christ includes the rapture of the saints, which is our blessed hope, followed by the visible return of Christ with His saints to reign on earth for one thousand years.
- THE FINAL JUDGMENT: There will be a final judgment in which the wicked dead will be raised and judged according to their works. Whosoever is not found written in the Book of Life, together with the devil and his angels, the beast and the false prophet, will be consigned to the everlasting punishment in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.
- THE NEW HEAVENS AND NEW EARTH: We, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth wherein dwelleth righteousness.